Per Person - Double Occupancy 10 Days / 9 Nights 6 1/2 Days Fishing Per Person - Double Occupancy 6 Days / 5 Nights 3 Days Fishing
- International Angling offers Peaock Bass Anglers enthusiasts a great fishery in the Llanos Orientales ( Eastern Plains ) in the Orinoco Basin in Bautiful Colombia. Anglers will stay at Punta Pavon Lodge, which opened to International Anglers in 2009 on the shores of the Bita River. This beautiful river starts as a small spring fed stream in the middle of the Eastern Llanos and slowly winds its way eastwards through the plains down to the Mighty Orinoco River. The Bita River has many bends, deep lagoons, oxbows, shallows, and beautiful white sand beaches where anglers will find interesting and challenging fishing spots to entice Trophy Pavon in this picturesque river system.
Accomodations at Punta Pavon Lodge
- The Lodge is located on the shores of the picturesque Bita River surrounded with contrasting and diverse landscapes. The installations consist of three double room cabins. Each room has two single beds and a bathroom with shower and running water. Electricity is ( 110 volt ) available 24/7. The large main building is the restaurant where great meals are served daily and guests can relax and enjoy the evenings drinking their favourite drinks. The lodge can accomodate uo to 8 anglers per week.
- The lodge currently has a fleet of five 18 foot aluminum boats with 25 HP Motors and two 23 foot Mako Bass Boats with 90 HP Motors. The boats come equipped with life vests as well as radios and safety equipment.
Day 1 : US Flight to Bogota. Overnight in Hotel. Day 2 : Early Flight Bogota to Puerto Carreno, 2 1/2 hour drive to Punta Pavon Lodge, 1/2 day of fishing. Day 3-8 : 6 Full days of fishing Day 9 : Drive from Lodge to Puerto Carreno and flight back to Bogota, overnight in Hotel in Bogota Day 10 : International Flight back to the US
Trip Package Includes
Overnight stays in Bogota ( Arrival and departure nights ) All Transfers in Bogota and Puerto Carreno. Domestic Flight in Satena Airlines. Meals, drinks, and accomodations at Punta Pavon Lodge. Daily Laundry Service. 6 1/2 Days of Guided Fishing ( 2 Anglers per Boat )
Not Included in the Package
International Roundtrip Flight. International Departure Airport Taxes and excess baggage fees. Meals while in Bogota. Tips to guides and lodge staff. Imported wines and liquor at Punta Pavon Lodge.
Summer Season is December through April ( Dry Season )
The Bita River offers anglers a great variety of Exotics in this unique clear water fishery. Peacock Bass locally known as "Pavon" , inhabit different sections of the Bita River. The three species found are : The Large Bar or Spotted Peacock ( Cichla Temensis ), Butterfly Peacock ( Cichla Orinocensis ), and Royal Peacock ( Cichla Intermedia ). Other Exotic Gamesters such as the Lightning Fast Saber-Tooth Payara, Sardinata ( Pellona ), Pike Cichlid, Blue Arawana, Pacu, Piranha, and many species of Catfish like the Redtail and Tiger catfish, abound in this prolific river.
- In the Dry Season temperatures fluctuate between 65 F early in the morning to 95 F in the early afternoon and low humidity.
- American Citizens require a valid US Passport with a minimum of 3 months validity beyond intended trip date in the country of Colombia.
No Visa is required by International Travelers to enter the Country of Colombia.
- The Colombian Peso is the currency of the Republic of Colombia. US dollars can be used at Punta Pavon Lodge and Bogota. Credit Cards can be used at Hotels and Shops in Bogota.
- Always consult with your personal physician to make sure you are in optimal physical condition to travel abroad. The arrival to the Capital City of Bogota might bother some visiting anglers due to the high altitude sickness in this lofty city which is situated at an altitude of 8,861 feet above sea level. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends only the Yellow Fever Vaccine, as a precautionary measure.
- We recommend our clients to get Travel Cancellation Insurance to cover in case of a medical emergency, flight delay, or cancellation, or any unforseen mishaps. We can assist our clients with different Travel Insurance Companies and forms that the client will receive once the trip is booked.
- A packing list will be provided to each client with a list of tackle and lures for this specific fishery, as well as an itinerary of the trip and all the necessary items required.
- Trip information included here is subject to change without notice. All the information related to this trip is believed to be true and accurate. International Angling is in no way responsible or liable for any mistakes, errors, or omissions mistakenly provided by lodge owner or their representative in the country of origin. All material included within this web-site, such as texts, graphics, and photographs have been copyrighted by International Angling. Any unauthorized use of this content without written permission is prohibited by law.