- International Angling now offers Peacock Bass enthusists a great fishery in the Tuparro National Park, part of the Biosphere Reserve, and surrounded by the Tuparro, Orinoco, and Tomo Rivers, which mark the borders of this Ecological Jewel of the Colombian Llanos. Anglers will stay in a confortable Safari Style Tent Camp, which opened to International Anglers in 2008 on the shores of the Mighty Tomo River. This beautiful clear water river starts as a small spring fed stream in the middle of the Eastern Llanos of the Vichada State and it slowly winds its way eastwards through the plains down to the Mighty Orinoco River. The Tomo River has many large deep lagoons, shallows, creeks, and beautiful white sanded beaches, where anglers will be able to find interesting and challenging situations to test their skills in pursuit of the Mighty Pavon.
Accomodations at Tomo River Camp
- The Tomo River Camp is situated on the shores of the Tomo River or Terecay Creek, depending on fishing conditions. Visiting Anglers will be able to experience the real Llanos in this rustic yet comfortable Safari Style Tent Camp. Located in the central plains of the State of Vichada , anglers will be far away from civilization in a pristine environment with a rich array of wildlife and beautiful landscapes. The installations consists of large comfortable tents with ample room for two anglers , including a Potty Tent, Shower Tent with sink and running water. Electricity (110 Volt ) is available for lighting and electronic equipment needs. A large tent functions as a dining area where great meals are served daily and guests can relax and enjoy the evenings drinking their favourite drinks. The Camp can accomodate up to 10 anglers per week.
- The Camp currently has a fleet of five 18 foot aluminum boats with 25 HP motors. The boats come equipped with life vests and safety equipment.
Day 1: US Flight to Bogota. Overnight in Hotel. Day 2: Early morning flight Bogota to Puerto Carreno, 5 hour drive to Tomo River Camp. Day 3-8: 6 Full days of fishing. Day 9: Drive back to Puerto Carreno, flight back to Bogota, overnight in Hotel. Day 10: International flight back to the US.
Trip Package Includes
- All tranfers in Puerto Carreno. - Domestic Flight in Satena Airlines. - Tomo River Camp meals, drinks, and accomodations. - Daily Laundry Service. - 6 1/2 days of Guided Fishing ( 2 anglers per boat )
- Fishing License.
Not Included in the Package
- Overnight Hotel stays in Bogota.
- International Round Trip Flight. - International Departure Airport Taxes. - Meals while in Bogota. - Tips to Guides and Camp Staff. - Imported Liquor and Wines at Tomo River Camp.
Summer Season is December through late April ( Dry Season )
- The Tomo River System offers anglers a rich variety of fish species in this unique clear water fishery. Peacock Bass, locally know as "Pavon", inhabit different sections of the Tomo River.The three species found are : The Large Bar or Spotted Pavon ( Cichla Temensis ), Butterfly Pavon ( Cichla Orinocensis ), and the colorful Royal Pavon ( Cichla Intermedia ). Other exotic gamesters such as the lightning fast Saber-Tooth Payara, Sardinata ( Pellona ), Pike Cichlid, Pacu, Piranha, as well as the beautiful Blue Arawana, endemic to the Tomo and Bita Rivers. Anglers interested in bottom fishing can try their skills against Red Tail, Tiger, and many other catfish species.
- In the Dry Season temperatures fluctuate between 65 F early in the morning to 95 F in the early afternoon.
- Americans Citizens require a valid US Passport with a minimum of 3 month validity beyond intended trip date in the country of Colombia.
- No Visa is required by International Travelers to enter the country of Colombia.
- The Colombian Peso is the Currency of the Republic of Colombia. US Dollars can be used at Tomo River Camp and in Bogota. Credit Cards can be used in restaurants, shops, and hotels in Bogota.
- Always consult with your personal physician to make sure you are in optimal physical condition to travel abroad. The arrival to the Capital City of Bogota might bother some visiting anglers due to hi-altitude sickness in this, the third highest capital city in the world, at a lofty altitude of 8,661 feet above sea level. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends only the Yellow Fever Vaccine as a precautionary measure.
- We recommend our clients to get Travel Cancellation Insurance to cover trip in case of medical insurance, flight delay, cancellation, or any unforseen mishaps. We can assist our clients with different Travel Insurance Companies and forms that the client will receive once the trip is booked.
- A packing list will be provided to each client with a list of tackle and lures for this specific fishery, as well as an itinerary of the trip and all the necessary items required.
- Trip information included here is subject to change without notice. All the information related to this trip is believed to be true and accurate. International Angling is in no way responsible or liable for any mistakes, errors, or omissions mistakenly provided by Lodge Owner or their Representative in the country of origin. All the material included in this web-site, such as texts, graphics, and photographs have been copyrighted by International Angling. Any unauthorized use of this content without written permission is prohibited by Law.